Securing product placements and reviews for client products is PR Agency One’s bread and butter.
Our consumer team are unashamedly product press office driven. Why? Because product press office activity drives sales.
While so much emphasis is placed on creativity in PR, or the adoption of new and exciting techniques like influencer marketing, let’s not underestimate the value in a hard-working press office to place product in broadcast and editorial.
Whether our team of media relations specialists is negotiating the placement of a product on a TV show, or securing a review in a national news site, PR Agency One has a track record of getting results. Our retail, technology, FMCG and fashion teams all specialise in securing world class media placements for our clients products, Our product placement and review PR process includes the following steps:
- Negotiating product placement on TV- ensuring visibility and brand association with the most popular programmes on television
- Securing reviews and fulfilling product tests, to drive trust in and endorsement of the brand and its products.
- Managing product samples and fulfilling shipment to journalists and returns of products
- Updating media collateral and photography to increase page impact
- Press visits and media days to demonstrate products to journalists, face to face.
- Building relationships with key media contacts – e.g. national newspapers, fashion editors, women’s lifestyle, parenting, money saving journalists, influencers
- Themed e-alert development to drive interest in new products
- Dedicated news stories – to take product into the news sections of media
- Hijacking the news agenda – being first to react to relevant breaking news – e.g. fashion, and celebrity stories.
- Announcing your news and innovations – new ambassador partnerships, new service offerings, etc.
- Maximising the impact of influencer placements
Competitions are a very effective way of gaining consistent product messaging in top tier titles, outside of product placement and PR-generated editorial.
For the cost of, say, providing gift vouchers to winners, a brand can achieve a half or quarter page of a women’s lifestyle or fashion publication.
We have extensive experience working with the competitions contacts at the top tier women’s lifestyle publications and they often come to us first to offer space, as they know we’re able to deliver the materials without a fuss and ahead of deadline.
Measuring the success of product placement
We have an award-winning measurement team that focuses on tracking the impact of PR. Our team monitors:
- Brand awareness linked directly to media coverage
- Sales both in store and online
- Product category awareness and visibility
- Organic and referral traffic to site
- Link level metrics for SEO
- Social metrics and engagement
To find out more about our consumer PR team’s product placement and review process, please call James Crawford on 0161 871 9140, or email [email protected]